Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I realized today I haven't bought my sweetheart (or my children) anything yet! Creative juices, PLEASE start flowing! I try not to get too much candy for the boys...for pity's sake, we still have Christmas candy in the pantry. In a great stroke of genius, I've bought stuffed animals for the boys the past several years. The problem with that is we are now in danger of moving furniture out to better house the mountains of stuffed animals in the boys' rooms. Maybe I'll opt for Nerf guns? It just seems wrong to celebrate love by buying toys that will start the "Die, infidel!" chants around our house. Of course, that IS how the boys and their dad show their love most, so maybe...

My sweetheart and I generally celebrate Valentine's Day on a different day so we don't have to fight the crowds at restaurants and such. This year we're celebrating on Friday night and the boys are going to stay overnight with Auntie. Gotta love those serious date nights! 

Anybody have any great ideas to pass on? What are some of your best gifts and/or activity ideas from past Valentine's Days (at least the ones I WANT to hear about...censor, please). 

No comments:

Post a Comment