Friday, February 6, 2009

Salt and Light

God has been working in my life in many, many ways the past few months. In October, Michael and I started a Bible reading program that is taking us once through the Old Testament and twice through the New Testament in a year. We've also adjusted our reading schedules so they coincide and we're able to chat about what we're reading and learning (rather, Michael changed his reading schedule from 5 AM when he's awake to 9 PM when I'm awake). Following a planned schedule and then talking through it as well as journalling has made me much more aware of people around me and has opened my eyes to opportunities I believe have always been there, but I missed before. The largest change is that all of the sudden non-Christian parents of children who go to school with the boys are practically begging me for one on one time. Many of these ladies aren't ones I would naturally seek out. I've had to try to acquire a taste for sushi (which really isn't going so well), coffee (hot chocolate or tea are good substitutes) and tennis (I'm still horrid at it, but Ian's getting better). My "top 10" list of people I'm trying to influence for Christ has gone from 4 to over 10 in a few short months. I find my heart breaking for people who think, vote, act and spend money MUCH differently than I do. So far, none have come running to me breathlessly asking to pray the sinner's prayer; however, my view and my world are changing. Looking back, God has often used me as a seed planter. I've seen many on my top 10 lists eventually come to know Christ, though unfortunately, it is rare for me to be there when it happens. Still, I know Christ has gifted me specifically to pray for and love on people who are far from Him. I pray daily that He'll give me the words I need and help me see opportunities for what they are. In the meantime, he's softening me--breaking and changing me.

Tag, you're it! How is Christ changing you these days? How are you being stretched?

No comments:

Post a Comment